LANCE: NASA Near Real-Time Data and Imagery
Land, Atmosphere Near real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE)
NASA's Land, Atmosphere Near real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE) supports users interested in monitoring a wide variety of natural and man-made phenomena.
LANCE is now 10 years old - take a look at 10 LANCE milestones over the past decade.
Near real-time (NRT) data and imagery from the following instruments are available much quicker than routine processing allows:
|Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS)|
|Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2)|
|Lightning Imaging Sensor (LIS) on the International Space Station (LIS ISS)|
|Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR)|
|Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS)|
|Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS)|
|Measurement of Pollution in the Troposphere (MOPITT)|
|Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI)|
|Ozone Mapping Profiler Suite (OMPS)|
|Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS-Land)|
|Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite - Atmosphere (VIIRS-Atmosphere)|
- Overview of Near Real-Time Imagery
- Worldview Snapshots
- Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS)
Most data products are available within 3 hours from satellite observation. NRT imagery are generally available 3-5 hours after observation. If latency is not a primary concern, users are encouraged to use the standard science products, which are created using the best available ancillary, calibration and ephemeris information.
Fire Information for Resource Management System (FIRMS)
FIRMS, part of LANCE, distributes NRT active fire data within 3 hours of satellite observation from both MODIS and VIIRS. The active fire / hotspot data are available to view in FIRMS Fire Map or in NASA’s Worldview. They can also be delivered as fire email alerts or downloaded in one of the following formats: SHP, KML, TXT or as Web Services.
Page Last Updated: Mar 11, 2021 at 9:13 PM EST
- Near Real-Time VIIRS Dark Target Aerosol Product Now Available from NASA’s LANCE
- NASA, Forest Service Partnership Expands Active Fire Mapping Capabilities
- New VIIRS Atmosphere Imagery Products in LANCE
- LANCE Top 10 at 10
- FLASH - A New Source for Global Lightning Data is Now Available
- New OMPS Product Provides a Better View of High-Aerosol Events
- OMPS Near Real-Time Data Now Available through LANCE
- MOPITT Data now Available in LANCE
- Atmospheric Rivers and the Lake Oroville Dam Stress