LANCE: NASA Near Real-Time Data and Imagery
Land, Atmosphere Near real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE)
The Land, Atmosphere Near real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE) supports users interested in monitoring a wide variety of natural and man-made phenomena. Near Real-Time (NRT) data and imagery from the AIRS, AMSR2, MISR, MLS, MODIS, MOPITT, OMI, OMPS, and VIIRS instruments are available much quicker than routine processing allows. Most data products are available within 3 hours from satellite observation. NRT imagery are generally available 3-5 hours after observation.
Not sure what you are looking for?
- Download Near Real-Time Data
- Near Real-Time versus Standard Products
- External Near Real-Time Data
- FIRMS: Fire/Hotspot data | Email Alerts
Fire Information for Resource Management System (FIRMS)
FIRMS distributes Near Real-Time (NRT) active fire data within 3 hours of satellite overpass from both the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) and the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS). The active fire / hotspot data are available to view in FIRMS Fire Map or in NASA’s Worldview. They can also be delivered as fire email alerts or downloaded in one of the following formats: SHP, KML, TXT or as Web Services.
Last Updated: Feb 9, 2018 at 1:14 PM EST
- OMPS Near Real-Time Data Now Available through LANCE
- MOPITT Data now Available in LANCE
- Atmospheric Rivers and the Lake Oroville Dam Stress
- LANCE User Profile: Mark Trice, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- New Worldview Features make it Easier to Explore All of Fiji (and the Rest of the World)