Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2)
- Register to download
- Use hyperlinks below or download directly from either HTTP server: http://lance.nsstc.nasa.gov/amsr2-science/ or http://lance.itsc.uah.edu/amsr2-science/
- Data outages and known issues
- Near Real-Time versus Standard Products
- Data provider: AMSR Science Investigator-led Processing System (SIPS)
NRT AMSR2 products are generated within three hours of observation, using preliminary algorithms provided by the NASA-funded US AMSR2 Science Team, with JAXA NRT L1R (resampled brightness temperatures) as input. NASA standard products, to be generated using validated versions of these algorithms, will be available from NSIDC DAAC beginning in 2016.
Note: Please be aware that the LANCE AMSR2 NRT products are generated using modified versions of the AMSR-E standard product algorithms, which have not been updated to reflect the differences between AMSR-E and AMSR2 calibrations. All LANCE AMSR2 data should be used with the understanding that these are preliminary data products.
Other Sources of AMSR2 Data Products:
- The JAXA AMSR Science Team generates its own suite of AMSR2 products.
- Remote Sensing Systems generates an extensive suite of intercalibrated products (columnar water vapor and cloud liquid water over oceans, ocean wind speed, sea surface temperature) from many passive microwave satellite instruments. View their AMSR2 ocean products.
AMSR2/ GCOM - W1
Last Updated: Jul 22, 2016 at 9:07 AM EDT