ESDS at the EGU 2020: Sharing Geoscience Online Meeting
NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems (ESDS) Program is looking forward to virtual participation in the 2020 European Geosciences Union: Sharing Geosciences Online meeting, being held May 4–8, 2020.
Program contributions include:
- The Multi-Mission Algorithm and Analysis Platform (MAAP) team will present on Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and Cloud-based Technologies to Facilitate Collaborative Science.
- The Advancing Collaborative Connections for Earth System Science (ACCESS) OpenAltimetry team will present on the Key Elements of Success in Visualizing NASA's Spaceborne LIDAR Data.
Throughout the week, the Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) will host a virtual data help desk to provide researchers with opportunities to engage with data experts familiar with their scientific domain and to learn about skills and techniques that will help further their research and make their data and software open and findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable (FAIR).
There are two ways to participate in the EGU Data Help Desk:
- Ask all of your data-related questions via Twitter using the hashtag #DataHelpDesk.
- View the video tutorials, showcasing new resources for finding, accessing, and using NASA Earth science data.
Discover Earth Science Data Resources at NASA Earthdata
This video takes viewers on a tour of new Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Earth science data resources available at earthdata.nasa.gov to help users find, access, use and visualize NASA Earth science data. Whether you are just getting started, a novice data user, or an expert data user, we have a resource to help get you to your data destination. Come explore Earthdata!
Getting Started with NASA Worldview
This video will introduce you to NASA's EOSDIS Worldview imagery mapping and visualization application. This tool provides the capability to interactively browse over 900 global, full-resolution satellite imagery layers. Many of these layers are updated daily and are available within three hours of observation.
- NASA's Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC)
Level 2 Subsetting & Data Validation Demo
This video describes the GES DISC Level 2 data subsetter and its integration in a satellite data validation workflow.
Level 3 / 4 Regridder Subsetter (L34RS) Demo
Demonstration video of the Level 3/4 Regridder Subsetter Data Service available at GES DISC.
Data Rods Video
This video describes the Data Rods service available at GES DISC.
NASA GES DISC Giovanni 20th Anniversary Demo
For 20 years, the Geospatial Interactive Online Visualization and Analysis Infrastructure (known as "Giovanni") has been a fast, easy-to-use system providing online access to numerous data products from NASA Earth observations.
- Level 2 Subsetting & Data Validation Demo
- Discover Earth Science Data Resources at NASA Earthdata
Published: May 4, 2020
Page Last Updated: May 4, 2020 at 2:05 PM EDT