The ESDIS Project manages the science systems of the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS). EOSDIS provides science data to a wide community of users for NASA's Science Mission Directorate.
The ESDIS Project is responsible for:
- Processing, archiving, and distributing Earth science satellite data (land, ocean, atmosphere, cryosphere, human dimensions, and calibrated radiance and solar radiance data products)
- Providing tools to facilitate the processing, archiving, and distribution of Earth science data
- Collecting metrics and user satisfaction data to learn how to continue improving services provided to users
- Ensuring scientists and the public have access to data to enable the study of Earth from space to advance Earth system science to meet the challenges of climate and environmental change.
- Promoting the interdisciplinary use of EOSDIS data, including data products, data services, and data handling tools to a broad range of existing and potential user communities.
For information on various components within EOSDIS, visit the Science System Description page.
|The ESDIS Project Supports|
|Science System Elements||12|
Science Data Processing
Archiving and Distribution
Last Updated: Sep 29, 2017 at 1:25 PM EDT