Earthdata User Community Forums
The Earthdata community forums provide a place for data users to ask questions and interact with peers. Whether you are a novice or expert data user, have a question about processing, validation, or analysis of the data, these forums allow you to interact with other members of the community interested in these topics.
NASA’s Earth science data are gathered via a wide variety of discipline-based missions. Because the datasets from these missions are extremely varied, serve different purposes, and are available at different temporal and spatial resolutions, navigating them is not always easy. The community forums provide a place for you to get hands-on assistance.
The forums are also a place where you can share stories of data use and application with the larger Earth science data community. Through these forums, the Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) teams will also be keeping you apprised of recent advancements in NASA’s Earth science data holdings.
Currently there are several forums where you can ask questions; each forum is slightly different, but most forums have a process by which all posts and comments are moderated before posting:
- Earthdata Forum—with capability to search by discipline, DAAC, major projects, and services/usage.
- Ocean Color Forum—this forum is supported by NASA's Ocean Biology DAAC (OB.DAAC). OB.DAAC is responsible for archiving some of the data products focused on ocean color, sea surface temperature, and sea surface salinity.
- Physical Oceanography Forums—these forums are supported by NASA's Physical Oceanography DAAC (PO.DAAC). PO.DAAC is responsible for some of the data products focused on ocean and climate, specifically ocean circulation, ocean temperature, ocean topography, ocean wind, salinity, and sea ice.
- Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) Keywords Community Forum—this forum provides keyword users and metadata providers with an area for discussion of topics related to GCMD Keywords.
- ESO Standards Forum—a discussion area about data systems standards, conventions, and best practices relevant to EOSDIS.
Ask questions, share ideas, and follow discussions. To join the community of Earthdata users, an Earthdata Login is required.
Last Updated: Jan 14, 2020 at 11:13 AM EST