Ozone Mapping and Profiler Suite (OMPS)
Please note: Due to new NASA regulations FTP is being switched off. Users should transition to https as soon as possible. The new URL is https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/OMPS/LANCE/. It will use the same Earthdata Login authentication as the ftp. We will also be providing detailed instructions on automating scripts.
- Register to download
- Use the hyperlinks below or download directly from either FTP server:
- https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/OMPS/LANCE/ or or https://omisips2.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/OMPS/LANCE/
- The directory path is /<data type>/, where <data type> is the specific data type, e.g. NMTO3-L2-NRT, NMSO2-PCA-L2-NRT. (We recommend you copy and paste the ftp link in to your browser as some users experienced issues not being able to download data if they click on the link.)
- Ozone Near Real Time Processing System (SIPS) mailing list
- Data outages and known issues
- Near Real-Time (NRT) versus Standard Products
- Data provider: Ozone SIPS
Instructions for downloading data via https protocol can be found here
OMPS / Suomi-NPP
(HTTPS download link)
(Common Metadata Repository (CMR) description link)
||OMPS-NPP L2 NM Ozone (O3) Total Column swath orbital NRT||0.129||Worldview Browse|
||OMPS-NPP L2 NP Ozone (O3) Vertical Profile swath orbital NRT||0.007||N/A|
||OMPS/NPP PCA SO2 Total Column 1-Orbit L2 Swath 50x50km NRT||0.016||Worldview Browse|Instructions for downloading data via https protocol from OMISIPS1
OMI and OMPS downloads are being switched from ftp to http(s). ESDIS, our parent organization, requires that we track who downloads files and we do this via Earthdata Login and/or app keys.
Earthdata Login is appropriate when using a browser as the redirection for http will work correctly. However when using the command line tools this becomes complex. To simplify this we have implemented App Keys; you generate a key and pass it to your script in a header.
Requesting an App Key
App keys are string tokens that identify who you are. App keys get passed in the authorization header of each HTTP GET request, and they last at least 3 months; which means they can be used in scripts. Any user that does not already have an app key for the OMI/OMPS SIPS can get one by performing the following steps:
- Go to the LAADS DAAC URL: https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/tools-and-s...
- Login by going to Profile -> Earthdata Login
- Note the first time you login via Earthdata Login, it will prompt you to accept authorization of Sentinel3 and MERIS, you must accept to continue.
- Select Profile / App Keys from the top menu
- Create your new AppKey by entering a description and clicking the "Create New App Key" button
- Highlight and copy the app key from the list and save in a file for use later.Retrieving an App Key
Any forgotten or lost AppKeys can be retrieved using the following steps:
- Login to the LAADS DAAC web site using the Profile -> Earthdata Login menu
- Select Profile / App Keys from the top menu
- Highlight and copy any existing App Keys from the list
Users are permitted to have more than one App Key at a time.
To use the App Key with wget (replace MY_APP_KEY with key copied from website):
wget -nd -r --header='Authorization: Bearer MY_APP_KEY'
Same example with curl:
curl -H 'Authorization: Bearer MY_APP_KEY' https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/... > result
The example above passes your app key via the Authorization HTTP header while utilizing the Bearer schema. When finished, the resulting download will be written to a file called “result“ in whatever directory (folder) you run the command from.
The app key located in the header is how the SIPS identifies users. If the app key is invalid, or missing the command will not work.
To get a listing (to standard out) of the OMTO3 directory via wget use:
wget -nd --header='Authorization: Bearer MY_APP_KEY' https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/... -O -
To download a single file:
For example OMI-Aura_L2-OMTO3_2018m0529t0918-o73776_v883-2018m0529t120750.he5 go to the current directory: wget -nd --header='Authorization: Bearer MY_APP_KEY' https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/...
To download all files in the OMTO3 directory to a given directory
FOO in this case and filters out any file ending in '.html' :
wget -r -nd --header='Authorization: Bearer MY_APP_KEY' -R ".html" https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/... -P FOO
Example scripts and more information can be found at: https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/tools-and-services/data-download-scripts/
If using the the example scripts found on ladsweb,the URL must be changes to the omisips URL: https://omisips1.omisips.eosdis.nasa.gov/outgoing/
Last Updated: Sep 20, 2018 at 11:16 AM EDT