Webinar: NASA Aquarius Data Training
Interested in NASA physical oceanography data and tools? Join us for a 4-week series starting Thursday, April 7 at 11am PT/2pm ET for the NASA Aquarius Data Visualization, Interpretation, Communication & Engagement (ADVICE) webinar series.
NASA Earthdata Webinar Series
Event: NASA Aquarius Data Visualization, Interpretation, Communication & Engagement (ADVICE) webinar series
Date: 4-week series begins Thursday, 7 April 2016, 11AM PT/2PM ET
We are pleased to offer a new approach to understanding how to access, customize, and share NASA data. The Aquarius Data Visualization, Interpretation, Communication & Engagement (ADVICE) webinar series will consist of one-hour sessions held each Thursday in April at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET. You can elect to audit any session or fully participate in the four-part series. Full participation will include posting draft data products and comments to the NASA Earthdata Wiki, with an option to present findings during an online poster session.
This training represents a great opportunity for scientists, including graduate students and potential new data users. During this 4-week session, participants will learn how to:
- Prepare data for their research
- Master skills with salinity science & data experts
- Get feedback on the effectiveness of their take-home message
Session 1 (7 April 2016)
- Learn the basics of Aquarius/SAC-D from Dr. Tony Lee, Aquarius PI, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Become familiar with Aquarius salinity data resources
- Understand the structure of Aquarius data
Session 2 (14 April 2016)
- Discover Aquarius data from NASA's Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC)
- Access Aquarius data using a variety of tools
Session 3 (21 April 2016)
- Use Aquarius Level-3 data visualization tools
- Tips on communicating your “salinity story" effectively
Session 4 (28 April 2016)
- Share their “salinity story” during an online poster session
Interested in receiving announcements for upcoming webinars? Sign up to our mailing list.
Last Updated: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM EST