ESDIS Weekly Metrics: November 18, 2021
EOSDIS Science Data Metrics
1. The volume distributed to end users per day, as a running average over the last 4 weeks, is 3.1 times the volume added to the archive per day.
LANCE Data Latency
Higher product latencies for:
- MISR-TERRA on 9 November are related to temporarily paused processing of MISR-TERRA data.
- VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Atmosphere) and VIIRS-JPSS-1 (Atmosphere) on 11 November are related to scheduled systems maintenance on 10 November, causing a delay in processing.
- MODIS-AQUA, VIIRS-JPSS-1 (Land), and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land) on 10-12 November are related to system maintenance on 10 November, delaying data generation.
- OMPS-Suomi NPP on 10 November are related to a power outage during scheduled power maintenance of the computer room.
- Latency for a data granule is defined as the time taken from the midpoint between the start and end of acquisition of the data for that granule to the granule’s being ready on-line for users to download.
- Duration covered by the data for a granule is defined differently for different instruments (e.g., MODIS granules are 5 minutes long while OMI NRT granules are 13 to 136 minutes long).
- Over the last four weeks, over 95% of NRT data requests for all instruments except for five instruments (LIS-ISS, MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP, VIIRS-JPSS-1 (Land) and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land)) were satisfied within 3 hours. For LIS-ISS, MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP, VIIRS-JPSS-1 (Land) and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land) over 80%, 93%, 93%, 94%, and 72% of the NRT data requests were satisfied within 3 hours, respectively.
Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS)
GIBS in the Cloud (GITC)
Metrics from previous weeks are organized by week, and users can access the ESDIS Weekly Metrics Archive.
Page Last Updated: Nov 18, 2021 at 1:56 PM EST