ESDIS Weekly Metrics: April 22, 2021
EOSDIS Science Data Metrics
1.The volume distributed to end users per day, as a running average over the last 4 weeks, is ~ 2.7 times the volume added to the archive per day.
LANCE Data Latency
- Higher latencies for MODIS-AQUA products on April 15, 2021 are due to delay in receiving L0 data by MODAPSNRT.
- There is no data for MOPITT-TERRA products on April 12, 2021 due to MOPITT’s annual hot calibration activity.
- Latency for a data granule is defined as the time taken from the midpoint between the start and end of acquisition of the data for that granule to the granule’s being ready on-line for users to download.
- Duration covered by the data for a granule is defined differently for different instruments (e.g., MODIS granules are 5 minutes long while OMI NRT granules are 13 to 136 minutes long).
- Over the last four weeks, over 96% of NRT data requests for all instruments except for three instruments (MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land)) were satisfied within 3 hours. For MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land) over 94%, 93% and 72% of the NRT data requests were satisfied within 3 hours, respectively.
Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS)
Metrics from previous weeks are organized by week, and users can access the ESDIS Weekly Metrics Archive.
Page Last Updated: Oct 21, 2021 at 1:56 PM EDT