ESDIS Weekly Metrics: April 7, 2022
EOSDIS Science Data Metrics
1. The volume distributed to end users per day, as a running average over the last 4 weeks, is 6.5 times the volume added to the archive per day.
LANCE Data Latency
Higher product latencies for:
- MODIS-AQUA on 31 Mar, 1 Apr, and 2 Apr 2022 were due to AQUA going into safe mode on 31 Mar 2022.
- OMPS-Suomi NPP on 27 Mar 2022 were due to reprocessed Level 0 (L0) files.
- VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Atmosphere) on 31 Mar 2022 were due to LandSIPS maintenance, causing delivery delays of L0 files.
- VIIRS-JPSS-1 (Atmosphere) on 31 Mar 2022 were due to LandSIPS maintenance, causing delivery delays of L0 files.
- Latency for a data granule is defined as the time taken from the midpoint between the start and end of acquisition of the data for that granule to the granule’s being ready on-line for users to download.
- Duration covered by the data for a granule is defined differently for different instruments (e.g., MODIS granules are 5 minutes long while OMI NRT granules are 13 to 136 minutes long).
- >Over the last four weeks, over 95% of NRT data requests for all instruments except for five instruments (AMSR2-GCOM-W1, MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP, VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land), and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Atmosphere)) were satisfied within 3 hours. For AMSR2-GCOM-W1, MODIS-AQUA, OMPS-Suomi NPP, VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Land), and VIIRS-Suomi NPP (Atmosphere) over 88%, 93%, 93%, 79%, and 92% of the NRT data requests were satisfied within 3 hours, respectively.
Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS)
GIBS in the Cloud (GITC)
Metrics from previous weeks are organized by week, and users can access the ESDIS Weekly Metrics Archive.
Page Last Updated: Apr 6, 2022 at 4:50 PM EDT