ESDIS Weekly Metrics: January 07, 2021
EOSDIS Science Data Metrics
1. The volume distributed to end users per day, as a running average over the last 4 weeks, is ~ 3.0 times the volume added to the archive per day.
LANCE Data Latency
- Higher product latencies for
- MODIS-AQUA on December 30, 2020 are due to delay in receiving ancillary data by MODAPSNRT
- VIIRS-SNPP (Land) on January 01, 2021 are due to delay in receiving L0 data by MODAPSNRT.
- Latency for a data granule is defined as the time taken from the midpoint between the start and end of acquisition of the data for that granule to the granule’s being ready on-line for users to download.
- Duration covered by the data for a granule is defined differently for different instruments (e.g., MODIS granules are 5 minutes long while OMI NRT granules are 13 to 136 minutes long).
- Over the last four weeks, over 95% of NRT data requests for all instruments except for two instruments (OMPS-SNPP and VIIRS-SNPP (Land)) were satisfied within 3 hours. For OMPS-SNPP and VIIRS-SNPP (Land) over 93% and 73% of the NRT data requests were satisfied within 3 hours, respectively.
Metrics from previous weeks are organized by week, and users can access the ESDIS Weekly Metrics Archive.
Page Last Updated: Oct 21, 2021 at 1:59 PM EDT