EOSDIS Data News - 07/21/2017
NASA's Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC), in collaboration with the Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observation (CALIPSO) mission announces the release of the CAL_IIR_L1- Standard-V2-00 data product. Version 2.00 of the Imaging Infrared Radiometer (IIR) Level 1 product is the first major revision since the initial release in 2006. The calibration procedure has been adjusted to reduce known small seasonal calibration biases in the Northern Hemisphere, which were caused by thermal drifts synchronized with the elapsed time since the night-to-day transition. The product is available from June 13, 2006 to current. The Version 1 standard and expedited data products will continue to be generated and provided to the public. Information about this data product, including data availability, user documentation and quality statements, relevant links, sample read software, and tools for working with the data, etc. can be found at the following ASDC link: https://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/project/calipso/calipso_table.
ASDC and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) announces the public release of Version 006 of the Airborne Multiangle SpectroPolarimetric Imager (AirMSPI) Level 1B2 data products for the ObseRvations of Aerosols above CLouds and their intEractionS (ORACLES) flight campaign. AirMSPI flies in the nose of NASA's high-altitude ER-2 aircraft. The instrument was built by JPL and the University of Arizona and is aimed primarily at remote sensing of the amounts and microphysical properties of aerosols and clouds. AirMSPI Level 1B2 products contain radiometric and polarimetric images of clouds, aerosols, and the surface of the Earth. This release of AirMPSI data contains all targets acquired during the ORACLES flight campaign, including the check-out and transit flights. ORACLES was based out of Walvis Bay, Namibia and focused on the South Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Namibia and Angola. AirMSPI was acquired from July 28 to October 6, 2016. Information about these products, details about product quality, and mechanisms to access the data can be found under AirMSPI Data and Information at ASDC's website. Please check back often as new products are continuing to be added and made available for ordering.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/HS3/SHIS/DATA201
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/DC0MLBOCL3EL
- SMAP Level-4 soil moisture and carbon data have been updated to Version 3 and are available at NSIDC DAAC via the following product pages:
- SMAP L4 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Geophysical Data (SPL4SMGP), Version 3
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/B59DT1D5UMB4
- SMAP L4 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Analysis Update (SPL4SMAU), Version 3
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/20ULJH6EZKFJ
- SMAP L4 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Land Model Constants (SPL4SMLM), Version 3
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/4IYTBSUKM57Q
- SMAP L4 Global Daily 9 km Carbon Net Ecosystem Exchange (SPL4CMDL), Version 3
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/O4HAQJEWWUU8
Access the data news archive HERE.
Last Updated: Jan 24, 2018 at 2:01 PM EST