EOSDIS Data News - 07/14/2017
NASA's Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) ingested and published the retro-processed Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) Data Assimilation for Drought Monitoring (GRACE-DA-DM) Version 2.0 data for the conterminous US. (GRACEDADM_CLSM0125US_7D.2.0). The GRACE-DA-CM Version 2.0 data product is based on the Catchment Land Surface Model (CLSM) Fortuna 2.5 version simulation that was created by the Land Information System (LIS) data assimilation framework, using the latest gridded GRACE solutions of the University of Texas at 0.5 degree resolution.
- Data set DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5067/ASNKR4DD9AMW
- Data set DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5067/N0XVLE2QAVR3
- Data set DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5067/A9O02ZH0J94R
NASA's Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) has published two datasets from the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) mission Ground Validation (GV) program.
- GPM GV Micro Rain Radar (MRR) Olympic Mountain Experiment (OLYMPEX) dataset. This dataset contains measured and derived data from MRR instruments placed in four separate locations within the study region. The MRR is a Biral/Metek 24 GHz (K-band) vertically oriented Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FM-CW) radar that measures signal backscatter from which Doppler spectra, radar reflectivity, Doppler velocity, drop size distribution, rain rate, liquid water content, and path integrated attenuation are derived. Data were collected from October 31, 2014 through May 22, 2016, during OLYMPEX.
- Data set DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5067/GPMGV/OLYMPEX/MRR/DATA201
- GPM Ground Validation United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service (Soil Moisture IFloodS dataset. A total of 15 stations were deployed near the South Fork River in North Central Iowa. The soil moisture probes measure hourly instantaneous measurements of the real dielectric permittivity, soil temperature, bulk electrical conductivity, and volumetric soil moisture. This dataset also consists of precipitation amount, air temperature, relative humidity, vapor pressure, wind speed, wind direction, and solar radiation measurements. Data were collected from April 17, 2013 through June 4, 2013, during the Iowa Flood Studies (IFloodS) Field Experiment.
- Data set DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5067/GPMGV/IFLOODS/PROBES/DATA301
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/VIIRS/VNP10.001
Access the data news archive HERE.
Last Updated: Jan 24, 2018 at 1:59 PM EST