EOSDIS Data News - 03/24/2017
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) released the following:
- The NASA IceBridge High Capability Radar Sounder (HiCARS) 1 L2 Geolocated Ice Thickness data were replaced. The data files now include extensive header information, including field descriptions, campaign information, data processing notes, and eXtensible Markup Language (XML) metadata files. The dataset contains ice thickness, surface and bed elevation, and echo strength measurements taken over Antarctica using the HiCARS instrument (see 10.5067/F5FGUT9F5089).
- The NASA IceBridge POS/AV L1B Corrected Position and Attitude Data for 2016 Antarctica dataset is now available and contains georeferencing data from the Applanix 510 POS/AV system flown with the Digital Mapping System (DMS) and other instruments over Greenland and Antarctica (see 10.5067/XILTNL9F1HCR).
- The Making Earth System Data Records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs) team added Special Sensor Microwave Imager/Sounder (SSMIS) data from the F8 and F13 platforms to the MEaSUREs Calibrated Enhanced-Resolution Passive Microwave Daily EASE-Grid 2.0 Brightness Temperature ESDR dataset. This addition extended the data’s temporal coverage to include July 9, 1987 through December 31, 1991 for the F8 platform and July 9, 1987 through October 4, 2011 for the F13 platform (see 10.5067/MEASURES/CRYOSPHERE/nsidc-0630.001).
- Version 2 of the MEaSUREs Antarctic Boundaries for IPY 2007-2009 from Satellite Radar is now available. The major changes in this version include the addition of basins (Ice Sheet Mass Balance Inter-Comparison Exercise 2016 and refined), and updated and expanded attribute lists. Other updates include the addition of new or missing ice shelves and ice risers, as well as the correction of various minor issues (see 10.5067/AXE4121732AD).
NASA's Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) DAAC released the following datasets:
- Soil CO2 Flux, Moisture, Temperature, and Litterfall, La Selva, Costa Rica, 2003-2010 (see https://daac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/dsviewer.pl?ds_id=1373)
- Landsat-based Phenology and Tree Ring Characterization, Eastern US Forests, 1984-2013 (see https://daac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/dsviewer.pl?ds_id=1369)
Access the data news archive HERE.
Last Updated: Jan 24, 2018 at 11:03 AM EST