EOSDIS Data News - 09/07/2018
NASA's Global Hydrology Resource Center Distributed Active Archive Center (GHRC DAAC) published two datasets from the Global Precipitation Measurement Ground Validation (GPM-GV) Iowa Flood Studies (IFloodS) field campaign, that took place from April 23, 2013 through June 30, 2013. The IFloodS field campaign was a ground measurement campaign that took place in eastern Iowa. The goals of the campaign were to collect detailed measurements of precipitation at the Earth’s surface using ground instruments and advanced weather radars and to simultaneously collect data from satellites passing overhead.
- GPM0GV Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) Near Real-Time Rain Rates IFloodS was produced using the Probability Matching Method with rain gauge, Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) F15 Special Sensor Microwave - Imager (SSM/I), and DMSP F16 Special Sensor Microwave - Imager/Sounder (SSMIS) data. This data product includes rain rate estimates and files are available in netCDF-4 and binary formats, as well as corresponding browse imagery in JPG format.
- GPM-GV Goddard Profiling Algorithm (GPROF) 2014 IFloodS dataset consists of precipitation data derived from microwave radiometers and sounders located on multiple satellites, including the DMSP F16-18, the Global Change Observation Mission – Water "Shizuku" (GCOM-W1), the European Space Agency's (ESA’s) Meteorological Operational satellite programme (MetOp) series, and NOAA's Polar Operational Environmental Satellites (POES) series. These data were specially produced by the Precipitation Measurement Missions (PMM) for IFloodS, using consistent processing and calibration. The GPROF 2014 data files are available from March 31 to July 2, 2013 in HDF-5 format.
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center DAAC (NSIDC DAAC) released three datasets, including:
- An Incremental dataset: IceBridge ATM L4 Surface Elevation Rate of Change. 23 June 1993 to 11 May 2017
- A new dataset: IceBridge-Related Sander AIRGrav L1B Geolocated Free Air Gravity Anomalies. 29 April 2012 to 31 December 2016
- A new dataset: Aquarius L3 Weekly Polar-Gridded Landscape Freeze/Thaw Data. 25 August 2011 to 4 June 2015
Last Updated: May 7, 2019 at 4:30 PM EDT