EOSDIS Data News: June 15, 2018
NASA's Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) published the dataset Solar Irradiance Monitor (SIM) Daily Product, Version 24. This dataset covers the period 2003/4/14 to present. The dataset provides solar spectral irradiance data in the spectral region from 240 to 2400 nm. This new version includes updates that improve data acquisition in the infrared portion of the spectrum (1600-2400 nm). SIM is an instrument on the Solar Radiation and Climate Experiment (SORCE) satellite. Dataset citation: G. J. Harder (2018) SORCE SIM Level 3 Solar Spectral Irradiance Daily Means V024, Greenbelt, MD, USA, GES DISC
NASA's Global Hydrology Resource Center Distributed Active Archive Center (GHRC DAAC) published the Global Precipitation Measurement Ground Validation (GPM-GV) CAX1 Radar RB5 format the Olympic Mountain Experiment (OLYMPEX) dataset. This dataset consists of radar parameters, such as radar reflectivity, Doppler velocity, Doppler width, Differential reflectivity, and signal quality index, provided on a 0.4 to 1.0 km spatial resolution within the OLYMPEX field campaign study region in the state of Washington. These data were obtained for the GPM-GV OLYMPEX field campaign by the Selex Meteor 60DX10 Compact Weather (CAX1) radar. The CAX1 radar was located at the southern tip of Vancouver Island on the Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Esquimalt Albert Head (AHD) military training area. The CAX1 radar was operated by Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) to support the OLYMPEX field campaign. These data are available in RB5 binary and PNG formats from November 13, 2015 to April 20, 2016. The CAX1 data are also available in OPERA Data Information Model (ODIM) or CFradial formatted data.
NASA's Land Processes DAAC (LP DAAC) has released the new NASA-produced Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) Leaf Area Index (LAI)/Fraction of Photosynthetically Active Radiation (FPAR) Version 1 data product (VNP15A2H). This Level 3, 500 meter data product provides the best pixel available from all acquisitions within each 8-day period. Information from these data is used to study the structure and energy absorption of broadleaf and coniferous canopies.
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center DAAC (NSIDC DAAC) published data through 19 April 2018 for the following datasets collected as part of Operation IceBridge aircraft survey campaigns:
- IceBridge DMS L1B Geolocated and Orthorectified Images: This dataset contains Level-1B imagery taken from the Digital Mapping System (DMS) over Greenland and Antarctica.
- IceBridge DMS L0 Raw Imagery: This dataset contains Level-0 imagery taken from the DMS over Antarctica and Greenland.
- IceBridge DMS L0 Camera Calibration: This dataset contains camera calibration reports for IceBridge DMS missions flown over Antarctica and Greenland.
NSIDC DAAC has published the dataset ASO L4 Lidar Snow Depth 3m UTM Grid. This dataset currently spans 08 February 2016 to 26 June 2016 and contains 3 meter gridded snow depths derived from airborne light detection and ranging, or lidar, measurements of surface elevations. The data were collected as part of the NASA/JPL Airborne Snow Observatory (ASO) aircraft survey campaigns. This dataset is available as part of an early release. Minimal documentation is currently available. An increased Level of Service and more detailed documentation will be available in the future.
NSIDC DAAC has published the dataset ASO L4 Lidar Snow Water Equivalent 50m UTM Grid. This dataset currently spans from 08 February 2016 to 08 July 2016 and contains 50 m gridded snow water equivalent (SWE) values collected as part of the NASA/JPL ASO aircraft survey campaigns. The data were derived from the ASO L4 Lidar Snow Depth 50m UTM Grid data product and from modeled snow density. This dataset is available as part of an early release. Minimal documentation is currently available. An increased Level of Service and more detailed documentation will be available in the future.
NSIDC DAAC has published updated Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) datasets produced by the SMAP Science Data System (SDS). The following SMAP Levels 1-3 data have been updated:
- SMAP L1B Radiometer Half-Orbit Time-Ordered Brightness Temperatures, Version 4 (SPL1BTB)
- SMAP L1C Radiometer Half-Orbit 36 km EASE-Grid Brightness Temperatures, Version 4 (SPL1CTB)
- SMAP Enhanced L1C Radiometer Half-Orbit 9 km EASE-Grid Brightness Temperatures, Version 2 (SPL1CTB_E)
- SMAP L2 Radiometer Half-Orbit 36 km EASE-Grid Soil Moisture, Version 5 (SPL2SMP)
- SMAP Enhanced L2 Radiometer Half-Orbit 9 km EASE-Grid Soil Moisture, Version 2 (SPL2SMP_E)
- SMAP L3 Radiometer Global Daily 36 km EASE-Grid Soil Moisture, Version 5 (SPL3SMP)
- SMAP Enhanced L3 Radiometer Global Daily 9 km EASE-Grid Soil Moisture, Version 2 (SPL3SMP_E)
- SMAP L3 Radiometer Global and Northern Hemisphere Daily 36 km EASE-Grid Freeze/Thaw State, Version 2 (SPL3FTP)
- SMAP Enhanced L3 Radiometer Global and Northern Hemisphere Daily 9 km EASE-Grid Freeze/Thaw State, Version 2 (SPL3FTP_E)
NASA's Oak Ridge National Laboratory DAAC (ORNL DAAC) published the following data in its Thematic Real-time Environmental Distributed Data Services (THREDDS) Data Server (TDS):
- Atmospheric Carbon and Transport – America (ACT-America): L3 Merged In Situ Atmospheric Trace Gases and Flask Data, Eastern USA, (see https://thredds.daac.ornl.gov/thredds/catalog/ornldaac/1593/catalog.html)
- Daymet: Annual Climate Summaries on a 1-km Grid for North America, Version 3 (2017 data), (see https://thredds.daac.ornl.gov/thredds/catalog/ornldaac/1343/catalog.html)
- Daymet: Monthly Climate Summaries on a 1-km Grid for North America, Version 3 (2017 data), (see https://thredds.daac.ornl.gov/thredds/catalog/ornldaac/1345/catalog.html)
Last Updated: Aug 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM EDT