EOSDIS Data News: February 2, 2018
NASA's Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) released the Nimbus "CDROM" datasets originally created by Oxford University's Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics (AOPP) group. These CDROM datasets contain radiance data from the
- Selective Chopper Radiometer (SCR) instrument on Nimbus-4 from 1970-07-27 to 1972-11-02 (1 disc)
- SCR instrument on Nimbus-5 from 1972-12-13 to 1978-04-20 (28 discs)
- Pressure Modulated Radiometer (PMR) instrument on Nimbus-6 from 1975-06-16 to 1978-06-24 (2 discs)
- Stratospheric and Mesospheric Sounder (SAMS) instrument on Nimbus-7 from 1978-10-22 to 1984-04-16 (53 discs)
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center Distributed Active Archive Center (NSIDC DAAC) published the dataset Daily Lake Ice Phenology Time Series Derived from AMSR-E and AMSR2, Version 1. This dataset, part of the Making Earth System Data Records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs) Program, provides 5 km ice phenology retrievals describing daily lake ice conditions (ice-on/ice-off) over the Northern Hemisphere. This satellite-based dataset allows for rapid assessment and regional monitoring of seasonal ice coverage over large lakes with resulting accuracy suitable for global change studies. doi:10.5067/HT4NQO7ZJF7M
NSIDC DAAC published updated data through 11/12 May 2017 for the following datasets:
- IceBridge KT19 IR Surface Temperature, Version 1.
- IceBridge Narrow Swath ATM L1B Elevation and Return Strength, Version 2.
- IceBridge ATM L1B Elevation and Return Strength, Version 2
- IceBridge ATM L2 Icessn Elevation, Slope, and Roughness, Version 2
- IceBridge MCoRDS L1B Geolocated Radar Echo Strength Profiles, Version 2.
- IceBridge MCoRDS L2 Ice Thickness, Version 1
NASA's Oak Ridge National Laboratory DAAC (ORNL DAAC) published the Carbon Monitoring System (CMS) dataset CMS: Fire Weather Indices for Interior Alaska, 2001-2010. This dataset provides daily fire weather indices for interior Alaska during the active fire seasons from 2001 to 2010. Data are gridded at 60-m resolution. The active fire season is defined as May 24-September 18 (days of the year 144-261) in this dataset.
NASA's Physical Oceanography DAAC (PO.DAAC) publicly released the Goddard Aquarius Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) L3 V1.0 and Group for High Resolution Sea Surface Temperature (GHRSST) Remote Sensing Systems (REMSS) L4 V5 Sea Surface Temperature (SST) MW_OI and MW-IR_OI datasets.
NASA's Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) completed a beta release of two datasets based on the Global Fire Emissions Data v.4 (GFED4) on 26 January - the Global Fire Emissions Indicators, Country-Level Tabular Data, v1 (1997 – 2015) and the Global Fire Emissions Indicators, Grids, v1 (1997 – 2015). The Country-Level Tabular Data summarize the data by country and by year, whereas the grids provide the data in GeoTIFF as an alternative to the NetCDF5.
Page Last Updated: Dec 22, 2020 at 3:47 PM EST