EOSDIS Data News - 01/26/2018
NASA's Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) published the Global Precipitation Mission (GPM) Ground Validation Iowa Flood Center (IFC) Stream Flow IFloodS dataset. This dataset was obtained from the IFC during the Iowa Flood Studies (IFloodS) field campaign that extended from March 31, 2013 through June 30, 2013. The main goal of IFloodS was to evaluate how well the GPM satellite rainfall data can be used for flood forecasting. The IFC monitors stage levels using sensors attached to the side of bridges throughout Iowa. The sensor data were downloaded from the Iowa Flood Information System (IFIS) as support data for the IFloodS campaign. The IFC Stream Flow data were collected in real-time and provide measurements at 15 minute intervals.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/GPMGV/IFLOODS/GAUGES/DATA201
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) DAAC has published data for November 2017 to the data set Making Earth System data records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs) Greenland Image Mosaics from Sentinel-1A and 1B, Version 2.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/GPVL3SACPBW4
NSIDC DAAC has published data through 11 May 2017 to the data set IceBridge Accumulation Radar L1B Geolocated Radar Echo Strength Profiles, Version 2.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/0ZY1XYHNIQNY
NASA's Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) DAAC published the following data set in its Spatial Data Access Tool (SDAT):
- Pre-ABoVE (The Arctic-Boreal Vulnerability Experiment): Geobotanical and Impact Map Collection for Prudhoe Bay Oilfield, Alaska (see https://webmap.ornl.gov/ogc/dataset.jsp?ds_id=1387).
- Pre-ABoVE: Vegetation Types and Physiographic Features, Kuparuk River Basin, Alaska (see https://webmap.ornl.gov/ogc/dataset.jsp?ds_id=1378).
- ABoVE: Ignitions, burned area and emissions of fires in Alaska, Yukon Territory and NW Territory, 2001-2015 (see https://webmap.ornl.gov/ogc/dataset.jsp?ds_id=1341).
Last Updated: Aug 24, 2018 at 2:36 PM EDT