EOSDIS Data News - 01/13/2017
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) released the following:
IceBridge Digital Mapping System (DMS) L1B Geolocated and Orthorectified Images for the Summer 2016 campaign, now available at the NSIDC DAAC: This dataset contains Level-1B imagery taken from the DMS) over Greenland and Antarctica
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/OZ6VNOPMPRJ0
- The Near Real-Time Special Sensor Microwave/Imager (SSM/I)-Special Sensor Microwave Imager/Sounder (SSMIS) Equal-Area Scalable Earth Grid (EASE-Grid) Daily Global Ice Concentration and Snow Extent (NISE) dataset, Version 5 (see announcement at https://nsidc.org/data/nise). The data record began on December 1, 2016. The new version includes the following improvements:
- The NISE snow and sea ice algorithm both use near real-time brightness temperature observations from the SSMIS instrument on the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program-F18 (DMSP-F18).
- The coefficients for the NISE snow algorithm were updated to better match results from DMSP-F13, necessitated by an inter-calibration between F13 and F17 during an overlap period and between F17 and F18 during a different overlap period.
- The Earth System Data Type metadata was updated to reflect the change in dataset version number
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/3KB2JPLFPK3R
Last Updated: Jul 24, 2018 at 2:29 PM EDT