EOSDIS Data News - 9/01/2017
The National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) DAAC published an update to the dataset MEaSUREs Annual Greenland Outlet Glacier Terminus Positions from SAR Mosaics. The dataset is now available at version 1.1. The minor changes in this version include:
- Added data for winters of 2014/2015, 2015/16, 2016/17
- Added new parameter attributes for the new data
- Added 29 new glaciers
- Provided a new GlacierID file with added glaciers and updated attributes
This data set is part of the Making Earth System Data Records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs) Program.
- Dataset DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/DC0MLBOCL3EL
- Dataset DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/XILTNL9F1HCR
- Dataset DOI: https://doi.org/10.3334/ORNLDAAC/1521
- Dataset DOI: https://doi.org/10.3334/ORNLDAAC/1522
ORNL DAAC published the Carbon Monitoring System (CMS) dataset CMS: LiDAR-derived Biomass, Canopy Height and Cover, Sonoma County, California, 2013. This dataset provides estimates of above-ground biomass (AGB), canopy height, and percent tree cover at 30-m spatial resolution for Sonoma County, California, USA, for the nominal year 2013. Biomass estimates, megagrams of biomass per hectare (Mg/ha) were generated using a combination of LiDAR data, field plot measurements, and random forest modeling approaches. Estimates of AGB uncertainty are also provided. Maximum canopy height and tree cover were derived from LiDAR data and high-resolution National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP) images.
- Dataset DOI: https://doi.org/10.3334/ORNLDAAC/1523
Last Updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 12:04 PM EDT