EOSDIS Data News - 3/17/2017
ASDC, in collaboration with the Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System (CERES) Science team, released the CERES Energy Balanced and Filled Top-of-Atmosphere Edition 4.0 data product on March 10.
- NASA IceBridge UAF Lidar Scanner L1B Geolocated Surface Elevation Triplets data for 2016—this dataset contains scanning laser altimetry data points of Alaska Glaciers acquired using the airborne UAF Glacier Lidar system (see http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/AATE4JJ91EHC).
- On March 8, the NASA IceBridge HiCARS 2 L2 Geolocated Ice Thickness data were replaced. The data files now include extensive header information, including field descriptions, campaign information, and data processing notes. In addition, Extensible Markup Language metadata files are now included with this dataset, which contains ice thickness, surface and bed elevation, and echo strength measurements taken over Antarctica using the Hi-Capability Airborne Radar Sounder (HiCARS) instrument (see http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/9EBR2T0VXUDG).
- NACP Woody Vegetation Characteristics of 1,039 Sites across North Slope, Alaska, V2 (see https://daac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/dsviewer.pl?ds_id=1365)
- Pre-ABoVE: Arctic Vegetation Plots at Atqasuk, Alaska, 1975, 2000, and 2010 (see https://daac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/dsviewer.pl?ds_id=1371)
- Pre-ABoVE: Arctic Vegetation Plots, Umiat, North Slope, Alaska, 1951 (see https://daac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/dsviewer.pl?ds_id=1370)
- Pre-ABoVE: Arctic Vegetation Plots, Unalaska Island, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, 2007 (https://daac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/dsviewer.pl?ds_id=1375)
PO.DAAC released three Soil Moisture Active-Passive Sea Surface Salinity datasets on March 10 (see the announcement at https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/announcements/2017-03-10_Scheduled_JPL_SMAP_SSS_data).
Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 at 10:19 PM EDT