SPG Teleconference 08-20-2008
Attendees: Yonsook Enloe, Glenn Cunningham, Ming-Hsiang Tsou, Ed Armstrong, Daniel Jacob, Ananth Rao, John Scialdone, Siri Jodha Khalsa, Helen Conover, Peter Leonard, Louis Aouvaris, Ted Habermann
Next SPG ALL telecon : Wed Sept 17, at 3pm ET
- Sept 17 Allan Doyle will contact Karl Benedict about Time Enabled WMS Tech Note
- Sept 17 Helen will ask Ross about schedule for the revised Backtrack Tech Note
- Sept 17 - Helen will invite Rob Raskin to STAFF telecon
- Sept 17 Daniel will ask oceans community about THREDDS and NetCDF API RFCs
- Sept 17 Daniel will ask Russ about the CF-1 RFC
- July 15 SPG meeting recap the revised meeting notes have been sent out. Most of the telecon attendees had attended the meeting.
- Outreach to July 15 speakers about potential tech notes & candidate standards * Deb Smith no new standards or tech notes expected
- Rob Raskin probably at least one tech note. Helen will invite Rob to a future STAFF telecoon to discuss the contents of the future tech note
- Karl Benedict Time enabled WMS Allan Doyle will contact Karl to ask him about this
- LDCM need to track how they will do their metadata and service orchestration
- JASON 2 Ken Casey OAIS archive standard for the SPG? Is a standard that is a reference model appropriate for the SPG? Should discuss this at the October SPG meetin
- Ed Armstrongs talk GHRSST NetCDF4 and ISO 19115 are potential future tech notes.
- Oceans how about the NetCDF API and THREDDS? Daniel will ask about this and track this
- DIF TWG The TWG decided to skip the tech spec and operational readiness reviews for the DIF because of its wide spread use and maturity. Did put together questions for a usefulness review. How widely should the review questions be sent? SPG members agreed that the review questions should be sent to the entire spg-announce.
- NetCDF TWG Ed making good progress. Daniel will get names/emails of DMAC IOOS reviewers to help with this. This is part of our collaboration with DMAC.
- Backtrack RFC Helen will get latest anticipated schedule from Ross Swick on the completion of the revision.
- HQ Endorsement process need to continue this dialogue with Frank. We will schedule a WG breakout session in Oct for this.
- Oceans Outreach Daniel the collaboration document has not been formally approved by the DMAC Steering Team but w are still going forward with it.
- North American Regional Team for SIF Ted no report back. Could be a discussion topic at the Oct meeting.
- Anyone have suggestions for lunchtime speakers for Oct ESDSWG meeting?