SPG Teleconference 07-13-2005
Attendees: Rich Ullman, Ming-Hsiang Tsou, Yonsook Enloe, Jingli Yang, Helen Conover, Siri Jodha S. Khalsa, Chris Helm, John Evans, Ron Kwok, Gi-Kong Kim, Ananth Rao, Sam Bacharach, Allan Doyle, Glenn Cunningham, Keith Stark
Next SPG ALL telecon : Wed August 31, 2005 at 2pm ET
New Action Items:
- July 20 Allan, Gi-Kong, Sam Bacharach, Ananth, Helen, Rich, yonsook, and any others who have reviewed the ECHO RFC submission to discuss Initial Review comments at a telecon at 2pm ET Jul 20.
- July 29 Ananth Rao Create template for future Potential RFCs talks look at Mings flyer for info, and also include points such as Community of practice & leadership, implementation & operational experience, and clear benefits to wider use
- Aug 7 Ming forward any information about the next ES DSWG meeting (tentatively scheduled for Oct 18-20) to the SPG email list.
- Aug 31- Rich Ullman send James Gallaghers presentation to Martha Maiden
- Aug 31 Chris Helm ping Frank Warmerdam and ask about status of GeoTIFF 1.1 and when we can expect an RFC
- Aug 31 Helen Conover ping Michael Goodman and ask about status of Level 2 Precipitation product science content Technical Note
- Aug 31 Jingli Yang ping Bob McGrath about HDF4 & HDF5 RFCs and when we can expect those
- Aug 31 Jingli Yang ping Cheryl Craig & Scott Lewicki and ask about status of AURA HDF Guidelines Tech Note and when we can expect that
- Aug 31- Glenn Cunningham ping Robert Wolfe and check on Surface Reflectance product science content Tech Note and when we can expect that
- Aug 31 Rich Ullman pass Dave Cuddys presentation about Software Guidelines for Science Processing Software to Ken McDonald and Robert Wolfe for consideration for use in Data Lifecycle and Software Reuse groups. It was decided at the June 15 meeting that software guidelines for science processing software was beyond the scope of the SPG but could be within scope for Data Lifecyle and Software Reuse groups.
- Aug 31 Yonsook Enloe contact Denny Grossman about status of Vegetation Classification RFC and what exactly he wants to input in an RFC and when
- Aug 31 Yonsook Enloe identify process issues from the June 15 meeting discussions and articulate it in the Aug 31 telecon agenda.
- The June 15 SPG meeting recap was discussed. We discussed what follow up actions were needed. The detailed list of actions resulting from the meeting are listed above.
- The next ES DSWG meeting will probably be in October in the DC area. The tentative dates for that are Oct 18-20. Ming will let SPG know any info about this meeting as soon as he gets that info from Kathy Fontaine.
- The ECHO RFC Initial Review comments will be discussed at a telecon on Wed July 20 by SPG members who have reviewed the RFC. These include but are not limited to Allan Doyle, Ananth Rao, Rich Ullman, Sam Bacharach, Helen Conover, Gi-Kong Kim. Couple of other SPG members not at this telecon but who have contributed written comments (Jim Frew, Siri Jodha) are invited to attend.
- AGU Session SPG will have a session at the AGU meeting in San Francisco. The AGU meeting is scheduled for the week of Dec 5. We expect the AGU session to be similar to the June 15 meeting where scientists and technologists discuss their ideas about what could be submitted as candidate standards or Tech notes.
- New machine status the SPG website was moved to the new machine, Kathy.gsfc.nasa.gov. Ananth is in the process of moving the spg email lists from lennier to either the new machine or to the GSFC listserv.
- We will skip most of August for telecons. Next SPG telecon is Aug 31.