SPG Teleconference 12-08-2004
SPG Telecon Notes for December 8, 2004 2pm ET telecon
Rich Ullman, Yonsook Enloe, Jingli Yang, Ming-Hsiang Tsou, Helen Conover, Siri Jodha S. Khalsa, Glenn Cunningham, Allan Doyle, Ananth Rao, Keith Stark, Jim Frew
Next SPG ALL telecon : Wed Jan 19 at 2pm ET
New Action Items:
- Dec 20 ALL review the Jinglis Operational Review Guidelines document and send comments to Jingli
- Dec 22 Siri Jodha to post to the geotiff email list soliciting interest in inputting the geotiff as an SPG RFC.
- Dec 22 John Evans to ask Jeff dlb if he is interested in inputting the OGC WMS spec as an SPG RFC
- Jan 8 Rich to contact Sam Bacharach and ask him if it is time to close out the RFC-003 (Inst to Authors).
- Jan 8 Yonsook to get the criteria (characteristics) of desired potential standards on the SPG website and also put on the next SPG telecon agenda.
- All RFC review comments will be posted to the SPG website with identifying information removed. Review comments need to be anonymous. The TWG members will have access to information about the source and identity of the review comments.
- RFC-004 (DAP 2 spec) will be revised by James Gallagher (author) to correct the editorial & clarification errors found in the spec review. The revised spec will be sent to the reviewers who found the errors for pre-review before the Operational Review begins.
- Business cards or bookmarks with SPG info would be handy to have to hand out at science conferences.
- Can we get language into NRA announcements about the use of ESDSWG adopted standards or requirement to input into the SPG any potential standards developed by work funded by the NRA announcements?
- Should standards approved by other standards organizations (national and international) go through the same SPG Standards Process?
- ESIP Federation meeting is Jan 4-6. Several people from the SPG are planning on attending. Will interact informally at the technical tracks to encourage input of potential standards as SPG RFCs
- Rich Ullman gave update on level 2 product science content definition potential standard for the Precipitation community. George Huffman is still interested and following the progress. Michael Goodman is still monitoring the progress of this activity.