SPG Teleconference 02-18-2004
Rich Ullman, Yonsook Enloe, Jingli Yang, Ming-Hsiang Tsou, Chris Lenhardt, Larry Sugarbaker, Helen Conover, Brent Gilmore, Siri Jodha S. Khals, Ananth Rao, John Evans, Allan Doyle, Ron Kwok, Sam Bacharach
Next SPG ALL telecon : Wed March 17 at 2pm ET
TWG telecons will be occurring frequently and scheduled independently by the TWG chairs.
Action Items :
- Feb 20 Rich Ullman will make final revisions of Standards Survey and draft email for mass mailing for standards survey.
- Feb 20 Rich Ullman will send out Standards Survey to spg-announce for mass emailing to ESE community.
- Feb 20 ALL please send comments about Standards Summary section of the SPG website to Jingli.
- Feb 20 Larry Sugarbaker please send vegetation index example as science content standards example to Helen
- March 5 Ananth Rao and Allan Doyle will create separate TWG work areas on the SPG website customizing the plone document handling utitlity for that.
- March 5 Ananth will install links to TWG email list archive on TWG work areas. Will install link to SPG email archive on the SPG website.
- SPG and TWG email lists members can post, nonmember post is moderated by chair, all email list postings go to email list public archive, subscriptions to lists moderated by SPG chair
- SPG website accessible by public
- SPG website will have separate TWG work areas. All SPG members can post to the TWG work areas. Public can have read access to all areas
- Standards Survey will be sent to spg-announce email list for mass emailing to ESE stakeholder community
- Accept version 8 of Standards Survey with addition of Sams comments and change of due date for survey responses.
- Ron Kwok gave status of the TWG RFC-001 (Charter ) that he is chairing.
- Had 1st telecon couple of weeks ago.
- Sent RFC 001 out for review to TWG members and several external reviewers (SEEDS chair, Federation chair, Martha Maiden, ..)
- Received 4 comments back (Martha, Kathy Fontaine, 2 from TWG )
- TWG telecon scheduled for Fri Feb 20 to discuss comments from the Federation.
- Siri Jodha gave status of the TWG RFC-002 (Process) that he is chairing.
- Had 2 telecons so far.
- At first telecon, discussed which external reviewers to invite
- At second telecon, reviewed some comments received so far.
- Next TWG telecon scheduled for Tues Feb 24
- Sam Bacharach gave status of the TWG RFC-003 (Inst to Authors) -
- Disseminated the RFC to TWG members.
- Received 2 comments from TWG members
- No telecons yet
- Ming discussed the version 8 of the Standards Survey that he emailed last to the list last week. Agreed to accept Sams comments and also that due date needs to be changed to March 5 Rich will implement the changes
- Rich will send out Standards Survey in mass emailing on Feb 20.
- During the week of March 9th, well be able to determine how many responses to the standards survey we received and assess whether we need to actively encourage response to the standards survey.
- Jingli discussed the Standards Summary section of the SPG website. This is referenced in the Standards Survey. Please review and send comments as soon as possible.
- Helen is trying to find examples of science content example. Larry is trying to get the example of FGDC Vegetation Index to Helen. Anyone else?
- Spg-announce email list is being set up. This will be used to send the standards survey out
- Ananth and Allan discussed the plone document handling system which they will install on the SPG website. They will create separate work areas for each TWG. SPG members will be able to post to the website using plone.