SUOMI National Polar-orbiting Partnership Workshop
This workshop is intended for earth observation data users and end users in the science and applied science communities and all sectors – government, commercial, non-government organizations and academia. This is the first of what the Applied Sciences Program intends to be a series of annual to bi-annual workshops on this mission to keep the community informed on the performance of the instruments and the use of SUOMI NPP data in applications.
The purpose of the workshop is to:
- Update the Earth science and applications communities on SUOMI NPP including:
- instrument performance
- data characteristics
- access to data and data product
- Review applications of data from all SUOMI NPP instruments, with emphasis on VIIRS, in four elements of the Applied Science Program:
- Disaster response and management
- Ecological forecasting
- Public health (air quality)
- Water resources
- Provide an opportunity for community feedback to NASA on data products, data access and other user needs.
2012-06-21 to 2012-06-22 (All Day)
1400 M St. N.W.
Washington, DC, USA