ETC Meeting Minutes 07.24.2012
|Ed Seiler||GES DISC|
ECHO System Status & PM Planning
- Operations 07/17 ECHO outage for approximately 45 minutes starting at 21:54. Currently being investigated (NCR 11012632)
- Test Bed 07/18 morning long outage of reverb due to permissions issues with URS. Quote from URS “In this morning's URS PM, permissions were migrated from the beta URS environment into the echo-tb environment. As part of that migration, several key ECHO-specific permissions were incorrectly removed. Once those permissions were restored in the echo-tb environment, logging in from ECHO applications resumed.”
Ingest problems requiring manual operations intervention:
- LARC_ASDC 07/17 collection temporal update problem resolved by cache clean and resumption of provider
Recent Reverb Metrics
Recent Performance Metrics
NOTE: Diagram has been updated since meeting. The standard deviation spike is due to several queries that were running during our 7/17 outage
NOTE: A late addition to the ETC minutes. I will be trying to include these as part of our normal agenda. I will also work on getting the numbers to display. The individual pieces of the stack represent different types of clients. For a specific breakdown of client sources, email email@example.com
In Operations 10.48
In Test 10.49
- Being pushed to Operations 07/25
- 2-week sprint, finished 06/15
- Additional NCRs related to Reverb errors (11012510, 11012511, 11012512, 11012513, 11012514)
- NCR 11012411 more URS informational text
- Oracle 11g upgrade work
In Test 10.50
- 3-week sprint, finished up 7/6 (extended by one week)
- NCR 11012227 ECHO Reverb: Link NSIDC test-WMS to ECHO test environments (NSIDC)
- NCR 11012501 Reverb Repeating Dates Option has a flaw when selecting Fall to Winter months (NSIDC)
- Oracle 11g upgrade work
- Migration from Mac XServe to Linux environment work
In Development 10.51
- 3-week sprint, finishing up 7/27 (extended by one week)
- NCR 11011983 Reverb "Review Order" screen does not display selected order items (LPDAAC) (Dawn)
- NCR 11012488 Partner Test Performance, follow-on NCR 11012584, addressing Option Selection in ordering
- NCR 11012579 ECHO: Unable to make GLA08 v33 public in pump (NSIDC)
- API Documentation NCRs
- NCR 11012573 Adding SSL to Reverb for Services
- NCR 11012400 ECHO Reverb (10.44.9): Total Query Time inaccurate/misleading(NSIDC)
Planning 10.52 This Week
ETC Topic: REST Ingest API documentation
Based on Ed's request and various other oncoming partners, I am publishing an updated guide to ingest using ECHO's REST interface:
Some Useful REST Links:
Frank Schaffer asked about the timeline for REST Search and Order Documentation. We will be targeting mid to late August for this release. Until then, all questions regarding use of the REST API should be directed at firstname.lastname@example.org
ETC Topic: NCR 11012618 Tool to provide relevant tile numbers for a geographic region
Request based on response from a NASA ACSI 2011 Survey for ECHO/Reverb
Open Question: Would a link to a map suffice? Would a calculator be useful to your end-users?
There is an existing capability to search by MODIS tiles but this is not easily mapped to a viewable grid system within Reverb.
This NCR will be prioritized in an upcoming sprint and has been added to NSIDC's wish list.
ETC Topic: NCR 11012620 Support for additional languages in UI
- Is this something that the DAAC's feel would a good use of ECHO/Reverb development resources? This isn't a topic covered by any high priority lists.
It was discussed that this is probably not a great use for ECHO development resources at this time. ECHO team should look into verifying that the Reverb help text is easily translated.
Andy posted a link to a YouTube video published by a Spanish blog. Link here.
ETC Topic: NCR 11012626 Search Options optimization (adding query parameters based on the MODIS Products Table)
Just a suggestion: there should be an option under "Search Options" to limit results
based on product names as described on the MODIS product table
(https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/products/modis_products_table). Limiting dataset
results based on "Science Keywords" is clumsy for those of us who know what
we are looking for.
This added option could be called "Product Name", or similar (e.g., "MOD13Q1"
could be an item) as a list under "Search Options". While the "Search Terms"
box allows for a specific product to be found, one can only input one
search term at a time, making it difficult to get, say MOD13Q1 and MCD43A4
products at the same time.
This NCR is open for DAAC prioritization.
- Operations PM: 07/25 Push of 10.49
- Partner Test PM:
07/24 Push of 10.50 10.50 pushed 7/26